My family dined out at Yummy Restaurant during the festival in our place. They ordered pork ribs while I ordered fried boneless milk fish and rocca salad. I am a sucker of anything salad so this is my home-made version.
For this salad, I added iceberg lettuce to my arugula that I harvested in my home garden because it is just few. I got a jar of walnuts that is staying for long time now in the pantry so I made it a candy and added some of it to this salad while I keep the rest to munch when I’ll work on my projects.
I also have parmesan cheese left in the pantry so it is perfect for this salad.
The vinaigrette I used is a simple mixture of olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
Rocca Salad Ingredients
For the Salad:
- Rocket or Arugula – you may use other variety of lettuce if arugula is not available
- Candied Walnuts
- Parmesan Cheese
For the Vinaigrette:
- Olive oil
- Balsamic Vinegar
Sharing to you this recipe. Happy Eating!
Rocca Salad ( Rocket or Arugula with Parmesan Cheese and Candied Walnuts)
- 2 packs Arugula or lettuce
- 2 tbsp Shaved parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Walnuts
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Balsamic Vinergar
- Pinch Salt
- Pinch Pepper
- Wash and drain arugula or lettuce greens and set aside.
- For the candied walnuts, place butter, sugar and walnuts in a pan. Stir frequently until sugar caramelized and coat the walnuts, turning it into a candy.
- For the vinaigrette, add the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. You may add lemon juice if you want.
- In a salad plate, arrange the arugula/lettuce. Top it with the candied walnuts, Drizzle with the vinaigrette and Sprinkle shaved parmesan cheese. Enjoy!