Pomelo and Avocado Salad with Lettuce is a very refreshing and nourishing food. The mustard dressing mixed with olive oil and spices is perfect.
This time of the year, fruits in my place are abundant. It is a time for harvest on a lot of fruits so expect prices to be lower than usual and that includes the delectable pomelo.
Avocado is abundant as well although its supply is starting to wane but its price is still low so we can feast on avocado as well.
- Pomelo – Grape fruit can be a substitute
- Lettuce – can be arugula or whatever spring greens available to you
- Prepared *Mustard and other spices for the dressing
How to Make Pomelo and Avocado Salad with Lettuce
This recipe does not require cooking so it is very simple and quick to make.
- Prepare the lettuce, wash it and drain.
- Slice the avocado into a dice.
- Peel pomelo and make it into sections.
- Slice tomatoes into small pieces.
For the dressing
- You just mix the mustard, olive oil, honey, salt, ground pepper and a lemon for its acidity. Mix it well and drizzle into your salad plate.
Pomelo and Avocado Salad with Lettuce
- Mixing Bowl
- 300 grams Lettuce can be substituted with any greens available to you
- 1 medium Avocado diced
- 4 sections Pomelo
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 2 tsp *Prepared mustard
- 1 pc lime or lemon
- pinch Salt
- pinch Ground Pepper
- Wash the lettuce and let it drain.
- Peel the pomelo and make sections.
- Open the avocado, and slice its meat into a dice.
- Arrange the lettuce, pomelo sections in a serving plate. Toss the avocado on top.
- For the dressing, mix the olive oil, honey, mustard, lime juice or lemon juice, salt and pepper. Mix it well and drizzle on the salad.
*I’m using prepared mustard from McCormick