I have walnuts in my pantry and I noticed that it is not the freshest anymore. Since I planned of making a rocca salad, I made it into candied walnuts.
This is the result of my version. It turned brownish because I used brown sugar.
It has only 3 ingredients – walnuts, butter and sugar.
You can actually make this candy in big batches and you have some food readily available when you want some pica-pica.
I like the fact that Mr. MFB likes it and even my pumpkins. Well, who would not love something sweet?
What are the Health Benefits of Walnuts
There are several studies that documented the numerous health benefits of walnuts. Some of which are the following:
- High in antioxidants. Mother nature packed walnuts with abundance of antioxidants that help the body from the damage of bad cholesterol commonly known as LDL.
- Rich source of Omega-3. Omega-3 helps a person to have a healthy heart.
- Supports Healthy Gut. Eating walnuts increase in producing a bacteria which produce butyrate, an essential fat that nourishes the gut.
- Reduce risk of some cancers. Studies have shown that eating walnuts may reduce risk of some cancers such as breast, prostate and colorectal cancer.
- Supports healthy aging. Diet is important to maintain optimum health. Eating walnuts has been shown to be one of foods that contribute to a healthy diet.
How to make Candied Walnuts
It is very simple and easy to make candied walnuts. You put the pan into and low to medium heat. Place the butter and sugar together with the walnuts and stir frequently.
Once the brown sugar turns into a caramel, slowly reduce heat and stir frequently until the walnuts is covered by the caramelized sugar.
Sharing to you this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 cup Walnuts
- 1/4 cup Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Place the the pan into a low-medium heat.
- Melt the butter and add the sugar and walnuts.
- Stir frequently until sugar caramelizes and coats the walnuts. Enjoy!
Be part of our VIP List
Eat easy and yummy foods plus get access to our freebie library.