This easy to make pancit canton is great one pot meal and it is delicious. It is complete on its own as you got vegetables, proteins from your chicken, and carbs from the noodles.
Pancit canton is Filipino favorite stir-fried noodles made with wheat flour egg noodles. It is also called flour sticks as it resembles noodle sticks.
You can cook pancit canton with just a single protein like chicken or pork or you can definitely make it loaded- with lots of ingredients.
There are many ways to cook pancit canton depending on the number of protein ingredients. This kind of cooking is the simplest one as I am cooking for only 3 people.
Filipinos Love for Noodle Dishes
Noodle dishes like this dish is indispensable in every Filipino home.
You can find them in fiestas and other occasions especially during birthdays and New Year as the long noodles signifies long life or longevity.
Pancit canton has 3 major ingredients – protein which can be chicken, pork, shrimp and other additions like squid, squid balls, chicken liver or pork liver.
Others add Chinese sausage and/or chorizo bilbao and it adds distinct flavor to the dish.
Vegetables added are carrots, cabbage, bell peppers, snap peas or snow peas which adds lovely color and bring festive vibes to the dish.
This particular recipe has simple ingredients and steps and it is done in just few minutes.
chicken breast – I am using chicken breast strips. My family love this meaty part of the chicken.
garlic – for that garlicky flavor and great aroma.
onion – complements the garlic, for flavor.
cabbage – the perfect green vegetable for pancit.
carrots – to add that lovely color.
snap peas – you can use snap peas or snow peas.
salt – to season the dish.
pepper – for flavor
oyster sauce – makes this dish yummy
chicken cubes – for added flavor
cooking oil – to sauté spices and chicken
Prepare all the ingredients. Slice the chicken into strips or bite sizes. Julien the carrots, cabbage, bell pepper.
Cut the beans into diagonal small sizes.
Chop the onions and mince the garlic.
Sauté garlic and onions until aromatic and translucent. Stir in chicken and mix well until it turns white/ish.
Add oyster sauce, salt and pepper and mix well.
Add water or chicken stock and bring to a boil.
Add chicken cubes or magic sarap granules and taste the stock if it is already tasty.
Add the carrots, snap peas, and simmer for 30 seconds. Put in the the canton noodles followed by the cabbage and bell peppers and simmer for a minute and it is done.
- The noodles will absorb the stock so it is okay to have a generous sauce/ or stock of your canton.
- If the stock is good then your pancit canton will turn out good as it will absorb whatever flavors you out into your stock. Your other ingredients like the proteins will contribute to the overall flavor profile of your canton.
Other Noodle Recipes You May Try
Easy Filipino Pancit Canton Recipe
- Cooking Pan
- 1 1/2 cup chicken breast sliced in bite-sized pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots julienned
- 5 pieces snap peas cut diagonally
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepepr
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 piece chicken cubes
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Prepare all ingredients. Slice the chicken, spices and vegetables.
- Sauté garlic and onion until translucent and aromatic.
- Stir in chicken and cook until it becomes white/ish.
- Add oyster sauce, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Put water or chicken stock, bring to a boil and add chicken cubes.
- Add carrots and snap peas and simmer for 30 seconds.
- Put in the canton noodles followed by the cabbage and bell peppers and simmer for a minute and it is done.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with lemon or calamansi on the side.
Be part of our VIP List
Eat easy and yummy foods plus get access to our freebie library.