Chicken Sotanghon Soup is a hearty, delicious recipe that the family loves to devour every now and then. It is very satisfying and perfect for lunch or dinner.
We are still on quarantine at home and we have few bags of sotanghon, one of our staples together with sardines. I actually did one already yesterday out of the bones that I got from the airfryer chicken tenders that I made. We could not get enough of it so we are making another one this time.
Chicken Sotanghon Soup Ingredients
This recipe has simple and easy ingredients. You just need some spices and few veggies to go along with chicken and sotanghon (transparent bean noddle or vermicelli).
Here are a summary of the ingredients:
1. Chicken. It could be any part or whatever that you prefer.
2. Sotanghon or transparent bean noddle or vermicelli.
3. Sliced carrots. Its good to add some veggies to our dish. I love carrots for the chicken sotanghon because it adds some color to it.
4. Garlic and Onions – this is used for sauteing the chicken.
5. Chilli Pepper – for added flavor or if you want it a little bit spicy, you can slice it. This is actually optional.
6. Green onions for garnish
7. Salt and pepper to taste.
How to Cook Chicken Sotanghon Soup
Cooking this recipe is just very easy. You just have to sautee the garlic and onions in a cooking oil under medium heat. Add in the chicken and sautee for about 2-3 minutes. Add some salt and pepper then add water. Boil and simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
Taste the soup according to your liking. You add some more salt and a little bit of raw sugar. Then add the sotanghon, the carrots and chilli peppers. Once sotanghon is cooked, Sprinkle with chopped green onions at the top or garnish and serve.
Easy Chicken Sotanghon Soup Recipe
- Cooking Pot
- 250 grams Chicken
- 2 rolls Sotanghon or Transparent Bean Noodles
- 1 small Carrots Chopped
- 5 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 medium size Onions chopped
- 3 pcs Chilli Peppers
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 pinch Ground Pepper
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 4 cups Water
- Heat cooking pan, add in cooking oil and saute garlic and onions.
- Add in the chicken and saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Add in salt and pepper.
- Add water and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
- Add in Sotanghon, carrots, chilli peppers and simmer for 3 minutes or until sotanghon is cooked.
- Adjust taste to your liking and add chopped green onions for garnish.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve. It is best complimented with rice.