This flavorful daing na bangus is deliciously good, dip in a soy and vinegar sauce with tomatoes. It is a great meal for either breakfast paired with plain lunch or garlic fried rice.
What is Daing na Bangus
Daing na bangus is traditionally a kind of preserving bangus or milkfish. Bangus is cut into half crosswise and it is either deboned or bone-in. It is then marinated with salt, vinegar, ground black pepper and garlic.
In recent times, daing na bangus is usually boneless for convenient eating. It is marinated for an hour or overnight. It is then fried to perfection and often paired with garlic fried rice or plain rice.
boneless bangus – we are using boneless bangus for this daing. If you are buying bangus, choose the boneless one so that you don’t have to do the deboning yourself.
You don’t want to be disturbed with the many bones while eating. So, go for the boneless milkfish.
vinegar – for curing the fish
ground black pepper – for that delicious flavor
garlic– crushed garlic cloves for that garlicky flavor and aroma
salt – to season the bangus /milkfish
cooking oil – for frying the bangus
For the sauce
soy sauce – the base of the sauce
vinegar – to complement the soy sauce
tomatoes – perfect pair of the soy sauce
red onions – for that sweet, aromatic red onion flavor
Daing na Bangus Marinating and Cooking Procedure
Making this dish needs marinating the fish, frying the fish and preparing for the dip or soy sauce and tomatoes.
- Marinate the fish . Start with marinating your boneless milkfish. Put vinegar, crushed garlic, ground black pepper and salt to the milkfish. Let it marinate for and hour or overnight.
- Fry the Fish. Once the milkfish is marinated, it is now time for frying. Heat oil in a pan under medium heat and fry the bangus both sides until golden brown.
- Make the sauce. Make the sauce by mixing soy sauce, vinegar, chopped tomatoes and red onions. If you want it spicy, you can add chili peppers.
Other Bangus or Milkfish Recipes You May Try
Daing na Bangus Recipe Card
Daing na Bangus
- Frying Pan
Daing na Bangus
- 1 whole bangus or milkfish cut into half, deboned
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 5 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
For the Sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 medium tomato chopped
- 1 medium red onion chopped
- Marinate the milkfish with vinegar, garlic, salt and ground black pepper for an hour or overnight.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan and fry the marinated bangus until golden brown.
- Make the sauce by mixing soy sauce, vinegar, tomato, and onion
- Serve with plain rice or garlic fried rice.