Champorado is one of my favorite comfort food. It is very filling and the chocolate porridge mixed with the evaporated milk is so yummy.
With my version, I just use tableya powder or chocolate powder that I bought from the department store.
I also used muscovado sugar because that is what is available in my kitchen.
Champorado has very easy and simple ingredients. You only need glutinous rice, chocolate tablet or powder, sugar and evaporated milk or condensed milk.
If you don’t have glutinous rice available, you can actually use the usual rice but the glutinous one is yummier.
When I was working, my office mate would bring champorado and share it with us. She would also bring tuyo or dried fish and it is delicious. The salty dried fish is a perfect complement to the sweet chocolate porridge. It’s perfect!
The Family Loves it
When I was still preparing on the ingredients, my little Pumpkin ask me what I was cooking. I explained to her and she said she would not like it and she would not eat it. I just said she can try it when I am done cooking.
As soon as I finished cooking the champorado, it was Mr. Hubbs who tasted it right away because little Pumpkin is outside playing with our neighbor kids. It received a 2-thumbs up from Mr. Hubbs and before I knew it, he already consumed 1 big bowl. It must be delicious!
When little Pumpkin got inside the house and tasted it, she loved it too and had her share of a small bowl. Yay, I love it when my family loves what I am cooking.
How to Make Champorado
- You have to cook 1 cup of glutinous rice in 5 cups of water for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chocolate powder and sugar.
- Once the rice is done and the sweetness is right to your liking, transfer it to a bowl and add evaporated milk. You may add condensed milk but watch out its sweetness as the chocolate porridge has already the muscovado sugar.
Sharing to you this Champorado Recipe. Enjoy!
Champorado (Sweet Chocolate Rice Porridge)
- Cooking Pot1
- 1 cup Glutinous rice
- 1/2 cup Muscovado Sugar
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Powder
- 1/2 cup Evaporated milk
- Put the rice into the cooking pot and add 5 cups of water. Let it boil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and chocolate powder. Mix it well and stir. Simmer for another 3 minutes.
- The rice absorbs water so add water as needed.
- Transfer the Champorado in a serving bowl and top it with evaporated milk.
Be part of our VIP List
Eat easy and yummy foods plus get access to our freebie library.