This Filipino style chicken macaroni salad is creamy and has a perfect flavor of savory, tangy and sweet. It is often present at the table come Christmas time and other special occasions.
What is Chicken macaroni Salad
Chicken macaroni salad is a type of pasta salad mixed with cooked shredded chicken and elbow macaroni pasta as the main ingredient. It is mixed with other ingredients like carrots, onions, pickled relish, raisins, cheese that make it flavorful.
It is prepared with mayonnaise to make it creamy. It is served cold just like a potato salad or coleslaw. it is usually served as a side for grilled meats, fried chicken, barbecue and other favorite main dishes.
3 cups – uncooked elbow macaroni
1.5 cups – cooked chicken – I am using chicken breast because it is a meaty part of the chicken
3 cups mayonnaise
1/4 cup minced carrot
1/4 cup pickle relish
1/2 cup – pineapple tidbits – sliced and drained
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup cheese – sliced in small cubes
2 tablespoons – white/granulated sugar
fine salt (optional)
ground black pepper
How to Cook Filipino Style chicken Macaroni Salad
Cook the Pasta
Start with cooking the pasta based on package instructions. Once cooked al dente, drain the pasta and set aside.
Cook the Chicken
Cook the chicken by boiling it until well-done. Shred the chicken meat and set aside.
Prepare the rest of the ingredients
Prepare the other ingredients like the carrots, onions and cheese. Peel and slice into small cubes.
Mix all the Ingredients
it is now time to mix all the ingredients and adjust taste to your liking. After folding and mixing all the ingredients, you can now put your salad in the refrigerator and have it chilled. Enjoy!
Chicken Macaroni Salad
- Cooking Pot
- Mixing Bowl
- 3 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1.5 cups cooked chicken shredded
- 3 cups mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup carrots minced
- 1/4 cup pickle relish
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup cheese sliced in small cubes
- 2 tablespoons white/granulated sugar
- ground black pepepr add as desired, optional
- fine salt add as desired, optional
- Start with cooking the pasta based on package instructions. Once cooked al dente, drain the pasta and set aside.
- Cook the chicken by boiling it until well-done. Shred the chicken meat and set aside.
- Chop the ingredients (carrots, onions, pickle relish, pineapple).
- Combine the ingredients and fold-in with mayonnaise, then toss well. Season with sugar, salt, and pepper to taste.
Other Recipes you May Try
Be part of our VIP List
Eat easy and yummy foods plus get access to our freebie library.