Filipino Style Fruit Salad Recipe. This yummy, colorful dessert that exudes festive vibe is often present on special occasions and celebrations in a Filipino home.
If you are looking for a dessert that is quick and easy and only calls for few ingredients, then you can do this dessert.
This basically just require you to mix all the ingredients together and chill or freeze it in the fridge, then serve. Voila, you already have your dessert. No cooking involved. How awesome is that!
The Filipino style fruit salad uses canned fruit cocktail, all-purpose cream and condensed milk to make it sweet. It is then added with coconut gel in syrup or nata de coco, sweet palm fruit or kaong that comes in various colors.
Choose colors that are bright such as red and green and mix it with some white for a lovely color combo.
You will need the following ingredients:
- Fruit Cocktail – 1 can
- Condensed milk
- All-purpose cream
- Nata de Coco/ coconut gel in syrup
- Kaong / Sweet palm fruit
How to Make Filipino Style Fruit Salad
Prepare all the ingredients. Open the canned fruit cocktail and drain the syrup. Do the same with the coconut gel in syrup and sweet palm fruit.
In a big mixing bowl, put in the all-purpose cream and condensed milk and mix it well. Add in the well-drained fruit cocktail, coconut gel and sweet palm fruit.
Put in the cheese cubes and mix it well with the rest of the ingredients. Transfer to a food container and put it in the fridge. You can store it in the freezer for up to 7 days.
Tips in making this Fruit Salad
- You can actually omit the cheese if you want but I personally love cheese and it gives a delightful savory contrast to the sweetness of the condensed milk. I forget to put the cheese on the ingredients photo and even on the video but I choose to add it after because I love to have the cheese.
- You can add some other canned fruits such as lychees, peaches, and corn if you want it. My mom add this to add the volume of the fruit salad because we were many living in one household before.
- You can add some fresh fruit such as apple and banana if preferred.
- Do not add fresh pineapple in this salad because it will make it a bit bitter. For some reasons, fresh pineapple do not blend well with this salad.
Filipino Style Fruit Salad
- Mixing Bowl
- 1 big can Fruit cocktail 3kg fruit cocktail
- 1 bottle Nata de Coco, white (coconut gel) 340 grams
- 1 bottle Kaong, green (sweet palm fruit) 340 grams
- 1 bottle Nata de Coco, red (coconut gel)
- 2 sachet All-purpuse cream 500ml in total
- 250 grams Cheddar Cheese cut in small cubes
- 1 can Condensed milk 384grams
- Drain separately the fruit cocktail, coconut gel, and sweet palm fruit and place in its individual containers.
- Sliced the cheese in small cubes.
- Mix the condensed milk and all-purpose cream then add the fruit cocktail, sweet palm fruit and coconut get. Add in the cheese and mix it well.
- Transfer to a food container and place in the freezer for a minimum of 1 hour. Serve chilled. Enjoy!
Other Desserts You Can Make
Follow us on: