Avocado with milk is a simple yet delectable snacking or dessert that everybody loves. Serve it on the table and it will be gone in no time. When avocado season come and prices go down, we really feast on this one.
What Avocado variety to Use best
There are over 500 varieties of avocado. However, in the Western countries, the best and commonly used is the Haas variety because if its creamy and intense flavor.
In the Philippines, there are a number of avocado varieties as well that are planted in the backyards or sporadically planted in the farms. However, the most preferred variety is the one that turns purple/ish when ripe locally called malagkit avocado because of its creamy and delicious taste.
Another delicious variety is the evergreen avocado which are not that plenty in the market. It stays green even if it is already ripe, thus the name.
Avocado with Milk Ingredients
There are only 3 ingredients to make this super yummy avocado. They are the following:
Avocado – this is the star of this dessert/snack
Condensed Milk – this is used to sweeten the avocado and make it more creamy.
Cheese – we love our avocado to have the contrast of the sweetness of condensed milk. But this is totally optional. It is up to you if you like yours to have cheese. Skip it if you don’t like it. The avocado and milk mixture is already good on its own.
How to Make this Avocado with Milk
It is super simple and quick to make this avocado. Cut the ripe avocado into half and remove seed. Remove the avocado pulp by using buko or young coconut grater and put it in a bowl. Put in the condensed milk and fold into the mixture. Top it with diced cheddar cheese. It is best served chilled.
Can You Make this Ahead
Yes. Absolutely. You can prepare ahead this avocado and eat for later. You can store it in the freezer and you can have it up to 3 days.
Other Dessert Recipes You May Try
AVOCADO WITH MILK
- 3 pcs Ripe avocado medium-size, seeds removed
- 1/2 cup Condensed milk
- 1/4 cup Diced cheese optional
- Slice the ripe avocado into half and remove seed. Get the avocado pulp using young coconut grater and put it in a bowl.
- Add the condensed milk and mix it with the avocado pulp and it is done.
- You may eat it right away but it is best served chilled.
- You may mash the avocado using back of the fork or slice it into dice if you don't like it grated. It is your call what best suits you.
- You can also adjust the sweetness of the avocado. Just add more condensed milk if you want it sweeter or reduce the amount of milk if you are the type who do not like it really sweet. The key is just to put the condensed milk gradually until you get your preferred sweetness of the avocado.
Follow us on: