This vegan fried rice is awesome and delicious. It has simple and easy ingredients yet surprisingly flavorful and filling.
It is complete in itself as it has already the carbs from rice, protein from tofu and veggies consisting of green peas, carrots and sweet corn.
I love this fried rice as much as this bacon and egg fried rice.
But when I want to eat healthier option, this recipe is the winner. I have been eating not-so-healthy foods lately and it really shows. I am having breakouts due to high consumption of oily foods. So I try to eat healthier this time around.
There are only few and simple ingredients for this recipe. You will need the following:
- Leftover rice. When making this recipe, it is best to use leftover rice because it is a little drier and loose compared to freshly cooked rice.
- Tofu. You want to incorporate some protein to your meal so tofu is the perfect choice for this vegan meal.
- Cork kernel, Green peas and carrots. These are the veggies that are infused in these recipe. I used canned peas and corn kernel. However, I use fresh carrots that I just slice into dice to make it crisp and fresh for this meal.
- Soy sauce, salt, garlic powder and ground black pepper – for flavor. Garlic powder makes it taste garlicky and soy sauce gives it savory flavor.
- Onions and garlic. For flavor and sauteing the tofu.
- Olive oil. I am using olive oil for sauteing the spices and the tofu.
How to Make Vegan Fried Rice
Cooking this recipe is just easy and will just take about 10-15 minutes to get it done.
Heat olive oil in a low to medium heat and sear the tofu until it turns brown/ish. Add in the onion and garlic and saute until translucent and aromatic. Then add the carrots, green peas and sweet corn kernels. Mix together. Now add the garlic powder, ground pepper, salt and soy sauce and mix it well. Add in the rice and mix everything together. Cook it for 5 minutes, mixing every now and then to avoid it getting burnt. Transfer to serving plate and enjoy!
Vegetable Fried Rice (Vegan Fried Rice with Tofu)
- Frying Pan
- 2 cups Lefover cooked rice
- 1 cup Tofu chopped into dice
- 1/2 cup Sweet corn kernel drained, if canned
- 1/2 cup Green peas drained, if canned
- 1 pc Carrot medium-size, cut into small dice
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 pc Onion chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a low to medium heat and sear the tofu until it turns brown/ish.
- Add in the onion and garlic and saute until translucent and aromatic.
- Then add the carrots, green peas and sweet corn kernels and mix together.
- Now add the garlic powder, ground pepper, salt and soy sauce and mix it well.
- Add in the rice and mix everything together. Cook it for 5 minutes, mixing every now and then to avoid it getting burnt. Transfer to serving plate and enjoy!
Follow us on: