This air fryer tilapia is really good. It is so flavorful, moist which is what we love about the tilapia fish.
It is also just quick and easy being made in the air fryer. Perfect for lunch or dinner.
2 – tilapia fillets – I use fresh tilapia fillets for this recipe, about 5 ounces each
1 tablespoon – Lemon juice – this gives yummy acidity to the tilapia
1 teaspoon – garlic powder – garlic powder gives a distinct yummy flavor to the fish
1 tablespoon – melted butter – this makes this fish yummy
1/2 teaspoon – paprika – for lovely color, flavor
1 tablespoon – parmesan cheese powder – this is optional. However, it is yummy to sprinkle parmesan cheese powder to your fillets.
How to Cook Tilapia in the Air Fryer
It is just easy to air fry tilapia fillets. Begin by mixing together the melted butter, lemon juice, and garlic powder in a bowl. Pour over the mixture to the tilapia fillets. Then sprinkle paprika and parmesan cheese powder all over the fish.
Place the fillets in the air fryer basket and air fry at 390F or 200C for 5-8 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
Tips in making Air Fryer Tilapia
- Always use fresh Tilapia fillet. The quality of the freshness of the fish is a big factor in the overall taste of the dish.
- You do not need to flip your air fried tilapia while cooking.
- Remember that different air fryers have different heating capacity so you may check the doneness of your tilapia in air fryer every now and then. You would want a moist and soft tilapia flesh, not a burnt one.
- How do you know if your air fried tilapia is already cooked? Simply prick gently the flesh with pork and if it is already white/ish in color and flake easily then it is already done.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You May Try
Air Fryer Tilapia Recipe: Moist, Flavorful and Easy
- Air Fryer
- 2 fillets Tilapia about 5 ounce each
- 1 tablespoon Lemon juice or calamansi juice
- 1 teaspoon Garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon Melted Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon Paprika
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan Cheese powder
- Mix together the melted butter, lemon juice, and garlic powder in a bowl. Pour the mixture over to the tilapia fillets. Then sprinkle paprika and parmesan cheese powder all over the fish.
- Place the fillets in the air fryer basket and air fry at 390F or 200C for 5-8 minutes or until the fish is cooked.
- Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy.