Bacon and Egg Fried Rice. Beautiful mornings deserve a hearty breakfast. This delicious meal is perfect to start the day right.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. However, mornings are usually spent rushing and chasing time.
Turning left-over rice into a hearty fried rice mixed with some available veggies with bacon and egg is so filling. It prepares you to tackle the day’s challenges, so to speak.
There are many ways fried rice can be cooked. It is very versatile that you can just dump whatever ingredients available to you.
Only few ingredients are needed for this particular recipe. Here are the following:
- left-over rice
- carrots – you may use whatever veggies available on hand with you
How Long Can I Store this Bacon and Egg Fried Rice
You can cook a bulk of this recipe that is good for 2-3 days. This way, you will save time and just reheat your fried rice on some days of the week.
I personally do not store fried rice beyond 3 days. Another reason is to be able to infuse some breakfast variations in a week.
What Other ingredients can be added to this Recipe
When making this recipe, you can add some other meaty indulgences that you love. You may also add in some vegetables you like or whatever is available to you.
Bacon and Egg Fried Rice
- Cooking Pan
- 3 cups Left-over rice
- 1/2 cup Bacon chopped into small pieces
- 2 pcs Eggs Beaten
- 1/2 cup Carrots chopped in small dice
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- pinch Garlic powder
- 3 tbsp Cooking oil
- Put a 1 tbsp cooking oil in a pan and scramble the egg. Set aside.
- In the same pan, add in 2 tbsp cooking oil, saute garlic and add in the bacon and carrots. Saute for 2-3 minutes or until bacon is cooked.
- Add in the rice and mix well.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper and add in the soy sauce for color.
- Sprinkle a pinch of garlic powder and mix everything well.
- Once rice gets a little dry, add in the scrambled egg. Mix it well. You can leave some for garnish once you serve it.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve.