Filipino Spaghetti Recipe can be easily distinguished through its distinct sweet sauce. It is different from the Italian and the American versions.
Pinoys love their food sweet and mixed with some savory ingredients. In this case, cheese.
Many loves spaghetti especially the kids. That is why it is served in fast food joints that are popular with kiddies like Jollibee.
This is one of the favorites aside from fried chicken and burgers.
This pasta dish is often a part of the menu when Filipinos have celebrations and occasions in their homes like birthdays, anniversaries.
It is also commonly served during media noche in New Years eve for it is believed to be a symbol of long life aside from pancit and other noodle recipes.
Here are the ingredients for this spaghetti recipe:
- Ground Pork
- Filipino Style Sweet Spaghetti Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- Red hotdogs
- Soy sauce
- Ground Pepper
- Cooking oil
- Spaghetti Noodles
How to Make Filipino Spaghetti
Start with the spaghetti noodles pasta. Cook it based on package instructions. Then set it aside.
Using a deep frying pan, saute onions and garlic in a cooking oil over low-medium heat. Add in the ground pork and saute until meat becomes white/ish in color about 2 minutes. Place the hotdogs to the pan.
Put in salt, ground pepper, soy sauce, tomato paste and Filipino Style Spaghetti sauce. Mix it well and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is cooked through. Add in the grated cheese. Adjust taste to your liking and simmer for another 2 minutes and it is done.
Set the spaghetti noodles in a plate together with the sauce topped with grated cheese and serve. Enjoy!
What other ingredients you can add to this spaghetti
This recipe is the basic way of cooking spaghetti the Filipino way. However, you may add other ingredients if preferred.
- Liver spread – this will add more flavor to your spaghetti sauce.
- Evaporated milk – some variations of this recipe add evaporated milk to make it more creamy.
- Condensed milk – others also add small amount of condensed milk to make it sweeter. However, I did not add it to my recipe because the sweetness of the spaghetti sauce is already good enough for me.
Ground Pork – You may use ground beef if pork is not your thing. You can even use canned corned beef. I have tried it before and it tastes just as good.
Tomato paste – if you do not have tomato paste available, you may use tomato ketchup.
Filipino Sweet Spaghetti sauce – if you want to have the authentic Pinoy sweet version of spaghetti yet you don’t have the readily available sweet spaghetti sauce, you can use the Italian spaghetti sauce but you may add sugar or condensed milk when cooking your sauce.
How to Make Ahead and Store your Spaghetti
Spaghetti can be easily spoiled especially when the noodles and its sauce is already mixed together.
Place the cooked spaghetti sauce and cooked noodles in separate food containers and put it in the freezer to keep it from being rotten. You may just thaw it by putting the sauce in a sauce pan and reheat it. You may also reheat the spaghetti noodles by simmering it in a boiled water.
Filipino Spaghetti Recipe
- Cooking Pot
- Frying Pan
- 600 grams Ground Pork
- 1 kilo Filipino Style Spaghetti Sauce
- 70 grams Tomato paste
- 3 pcs Red hotdogs jumbo size, sliced in circles
- 1 pc Onions medium-sized, minced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Grated cheese
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- 400 grams Spaghetti Noodles
- Cook the spaghetti noodles pasta based on package instructions. Set aside.
- Saute onions and garlic in a cooking oil over low-medium heat. Add in the ground pork and saute until meat becomes white/ish in color about 2 minutes. Place the hotdogs to the pan.
- Put in salt, ground pepper, soy sauce, tomato paste and Filipino Style Spaghetti sauce. Mix it well and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is cooked through. Add in the grated cheese. Adjust taste to your liking and simmer for another 2 minutes and it is done.
- Set the spaghetti noodles in a plate together with the sauce topped with grated cheese and serve. Enjoy!
Follow us on:
Pinterest | Twitter | Facebook | Youtube
Be part of our VIP List
Eat easy and yummy foods plus get access to our freebie library.