Fried Chicken is one of the favorites of the kiddies at home. The crispy and flavorful skin and juicy meat of this fried chicken is simply irresistible.
I cook this occasionally for lunch or dinner and it is often a hit.
Although this is not the healthiest to serve on the table, we indulge sometimes.
I love the fact that it is just easy to make and requires a few handful of ingredients to pull off.
Here are the items you need to make this easy and yummy fried chicken.
1 lb – Chicken . Any cut will do. I am using a mix cut of chicken because I bought a whole one and just had it chopped.
1/2 teaspoon – Salt. Just add a bit of salt. The breading is already seasoned so be careful with adding too much salt.
1/2 teaspoon – Ground Pepper. Pepper is always good with chicken.
1 teaspoon Garlic powder. I love garlic powder. It is perfect for this chicken.
Seasoned Breading. I am using a seasoned breading that does not require to dredge the chicken with egg or any flour.
2 cups Cooking oil. For Frying.
How to Make Crispy, Yummy Fried Chicken
Start with putting salt, ground pepper and garlic powder to the chicken. Mix them well.
Dredge the chicken with the seasoned breading making sure that all of it is coated. Remember that this breading makes your chicken yummy and flavorful.
Heat oil in a frying pan. Deep fry the chicken for 10-15 minutes until golden brown and fully cooked. Once cooked, put the chicken in a rack or paper towel to drain the excess oil. Transfer to a serving plate and enjoy.
We often pair our chicken with rice and dip it with a combo of ketchup and hot sauce.
- Frying Pan
- 1 pound Chicken chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Seasoned Breading
- 2 cups Cooking Oil
- Mix Salt, ground pepper and garlic powder with the chicken.
- The coat the chicken with the seasoned breading.
- Heat oil in the pan and deep fry the chicken for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Transfer to a rack or plate with paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Serve with your favorite sauce or dip and enjoy!
- Cooking time will depend on the size of the cut of your chicken. Just keep an eye on your chicken while cooking to have a perfectly cooked fried chicken.
- Easy on the salt especially when you are using seasoned breading. You do not want your fried chicken too salty.