Garlic Shrimp Recipe is a delicious and so easy way of cooking shrimps. It has very simple ingredients and perfect for the family.
Shrimp has been my all-time favorite since I was young. My mom would often buy it in our local market and we would be with her in the kitchen while she is cooking waiting for it to be done so we can feast on it. Oh, I feel nostalgic. It brings so much fun childhood memories.
There are various ways of cooking shrimp. No matter what your style of cooking is, but it is a given that shrimp in itself is already delicious, so what you mix with it in your cooking is really just enhances its pleasant taste.
The ingredients are really just few and easy to source. You will just need shrimp, butter or margarine, garlic and Sprite or soda lemon for marinade. After cooking, you may garnish it with fresh scallions, mint or parsley whatever is available to you.
When you are cooking shrimps, do not overcook it so that it will not become chewy. By the way, a caution though for some people who are prone to allergy. Shrimp is a common cause of allergy so better be prepared with your antihistamine if you have a history of allergy.
Sharing to you my garlic Shrimp recipe. Enjoy and happy eating!
Garlic Shrimp Recipe
- 250 grams Shrimp
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Butter (margarine can be a substitute)
- 1/2 cup Sprite or Soda Lemon
- In a bowl, soak the shrimp in Sprite or lemon soda for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat the pan and melt butter.
- Saute the garlic and let it brown.
- Add the shrimp together with the soda that it is soaked.
- Simmer it for 3-5 minutes in a medium-high heat until the soda that it is soaked is evaporated.
- Transfer it to a serving bowl and serve.