Chicken curry is a delicious style of cooking chicken. The aroma of curry wafting the kitchen smells yummy 🙂 . Sauteed spices together with the curry, the chicken and coconut milk is simply flavorsome.
My husband loves curry so much. He is really into it that he claimed he can have it in three days straight. Whoa, isn’t it amazing?
Little darling Pumpkin learned to love anything I cook with curry just recently.
One time I cooked mung beans with pork and spinach and I added curry. She loved it a lot that since that time, she would rave anything I cooked with curry.
Chicken Curry Ingredients
Its great to note that there are only a handful of ingredients needed for this recipe. These are the following:
- Chicken – whatever cut you choose
- Coconut Milk – I personally used freshly pressed coconut milk because it is available as of cooking. However, if it is not available to you, there are ready available coconut milk/coconut cream contained in pouch or cans in the grocery store that you may use. Others come in the form of powder as well in which you just have to mix it with water to get the coconut milk consistency you desire.
- Curry Powder
- Fish Sauce (patis)
- Salt and Pepper
- Cooking oil
How to Make Chicken Curry
It is very easy to cook Chicken curry. First, in a pan, you have to saute onions, garlic and ginger in a cooking oil under slow-medium heat.
Once they become translucent and aromatic, put in the chicken and mix well. Add a little water, fish sauce, a pinch of salt and pepper and simmer for about 2 minutes.
Add in the coconut milk. Let it boil and simmer for another 2 minutes. Put in the potatoes and carrots. Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until chicken and coconut milk is cooked.
At this point, taste the sauce and adjust taste to your liking. Simmer some more until desired thickness of the chicken sauce is achieved. Transfer to a serving plate and serve. It is best served with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Chicken Curry Recipe (Filipino Style)
- Cooking Pan
- 300 grams Chicken chopped
- 5 pcs Small Potatoes chopped
- 1 pc Big Carrot chopped
- 1 tbsp Curry Powder
- 1 tbsp Fish Sauce (Patis) You can omit this if not available
- 1 pc Onions sliced
- 1 thumb Ginger sliced
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- pinch Salt
- pinch Pepper
- 1/2 cup Water
- 2 tbsp Cooking Oil
- In a pan, saute onions, garlic and ginger in a cooking oil under slow-medium heat.
- Add curry powder. Mix well.
- Put in the chicken and saute until chicken turns white.
- Add water, fish sauce, a pinch of salt and pepper. Simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add in the coconut milk. Let it boil and simmer for another 2 minutes.
- Add in the potatoes and carrots. Simmer for 3-5 minutes or until chicken, coconut milk and veggies are all cooked.
- Adjust taste to your liking. Add more salt if needd. Be careful in adding salt because fish sauce is already salty.
- Simmer until desired thickness of the chicken curry sauce is achieved.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve. It is best paired with steamed rice. Enjoy!
Follow us on: