BBQ chicken in air fryer is flavorful, quick and hands down delicious. You can make it a part of your dinner rotation.
We rarely make grilled barbecue because we are lazy making fire on the grill. Plus the time that it will take to finish the whole barbecue cooking in the grill is just too much for our liking.
This air fryer bbq chicken is a game changer and we super-duper love it. Thanks to the air fryer, we can now make yummy barbecue in the comfort of our home for a fraction of time than making it on the grill.
This taste just as good as the grilled chicken barbecue but done in the air fryer.
chicken breast – we use chicken breast for this cooking. However, you may use other parts that you prefer.
smoke paprika – for that smoky taste.
garlic powder – I love garlicky flavor in most of my dishes and this air fryer chicken bbq is no exception.
onion powder – to enhance flavor and pleasant aroma.
salt and pepper – don’t forget the salt and pepper to season your bbq.
store-bought bbq sauce – You may use whatever brand of barbecue sauce you want.
Cooking Oil Spray
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Cooking instructions
Start with mixing the smoke paprika, garlic powder, onion powder , salt and pepper. Then spray oil on the chicken breast.
Coat the chicken with the dry rub that you made. Put the chicken in the air fryer for 10 minutes flipping the other side halfway through while cooking.
Remove the air fryer basket and slather barbecue sauce on the chicken and air fry again for just 1-2 minutes. Remove from the air fryer, transfer to a serving plate and enjoy.
- Feel free to use other parts of the chicken like chicken legs.
- Cooking time may differ depending on the size and thickness of your chicken. Check it every now and then while cooking.
- You may garnish your chicken with chopped green onions or parsley.
- Barbecue sauce is slathered on the chicken few minutes before it is done to prevent it from getting burned.
Storage and Reheating
Do you have leftover bbq chicken? No worries. You can store it in a tight/sealed food container and place in the fridge. It can last for 2 days when refrigerated or a week when placed in the freezer.
For reheating, just place your frozen bbq chicken in the air fryer for about 3 minutes or until it is fully reheated. You may baste again with barbecue sauce if desired.
Other Air Fryer Recipes you May Try
BBQ Chicken in Air Fryer
- Air Fryer
- 2 slices Chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon Smoke paprika
- 1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Black Pepper
- 1/2 cup Barbecue sauce
- Mix the smoke paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper in a bowl.
- Spray oil on the chicken breast.
- Coat the chicken with the dry rub you have mixed.
- Place the coated chicken in the air fryer and cook for 10 minutes at 390F. Flip the chicken halfway through your cooking.
- Remove the air fryer basket and slather barbecue sauce on the chicken. Cook again for 1-3 minutes.
- Get the chicken from the air fryer and transfer to a serving plate. Share and enjoy.
- Cooking time will differ depending on the size and thickness of the chicken. So check yours every now and then while cooking.
- You only put the barbecue sauce toward the end of your cooking so that it will not get burned.