This air fryer chicken patties is moist, rich, delicious and packed with flavors. It is perfect for meal or snack.
We love this homemade chicken patties in air fryer because it is less greasy and yummy.
What is Air Fryer Chicken Patties
It is a small flattened, rounded serving of food made of either grounded, flaked or shredded cooked chicken combined with seasonings and other ingredients and cooked in the air fryer. It can be eaten as a meal or snack or can be turned into an air fryer chicken burger.
chicken – cooked and shredded. I am using chicken breast because it is the meatiest part of the chicken. However, you may use other parts like chicken leg since it has juicy meat.
breadcrumbs – you can use your preferred brand or panko if you have.
mayonnaise – adds flavor and creaminess.
mustard – I am using prepared mustard because it is the one I have. You may opt for dijon mustard if you have it.
egg – this will help in binding the ingredients.
Worcestershire sauce – gives umami flavor to the patty.
lemon – I am using the juice of half slice of a lemon.
scallions – adds color and subtle flavor.
oregano – I am using fresh oregano. You may use dried oregano if the fresh one is not available.
onion powder – adds aroma and onion flavor
salt – for seasoning
Air Fryer Chicken Patties Cooking Instructions
1. Cook the chicken
Boil the chicken until meat is cooked trough. You will know that chicken meat is already cooked when the meat is already white/ish.
I added peppercorns and garlic cloves when I boiled the chicken to have that pleasant aroma. But that is totally optional.
2. Shred the Chicken
Once the chicken is cooked, remove it from the water and cool for about 5 minutes. Remove and slice the chicken meat using kitchen knife. Shred the meat using fork.
3. Combine all the ingredients
It is now time to combine all the ingredients and mix well.
4. Form the Chicken Patty
I use a small spice bowl to form the patty. I then lay it flat on a plate and use the back of the spoon to flatten it.
You can scoop the patty into balls and then flatten it. The important thing to remember is to make the patty consistent in quantity and thickness so that they will cook evenly when you put then in the air fryer.
5. Cook the Patties in the Air Fryer
I use wax paper when cooking the patties in the air fryer. I just cut it to fit the size of my air fryer. That way, it would be easy for me to clean the air fryer basket after cooking.
Spray the air fryer basket and the wax paper with cooking oil before laying flat the patties in the air fryer. Cook the chicken patties in the air fryer for 8 minutes or until patties are golden brown at 390F.
Transfer them to a serving plate, share and enjoy.
Tips and Substitutions
- You can freeze the chicken patties before or after you cook them.
- You may use other herbs like parsley , basil, dill and thyme instead of oregano or any combo of them.
- Give space to each patty when cooking in the air fryer so that air can circulate and they will cook properly.
- Remember that cooking time depends on the thickness and the size of your patty. You may check your chicken patties occasionally while cooking.
- If you want your chicken patties spicy, you can add chili powder or chili flakes to it.
Tyson Chicken Patties in Air Fryer
If you are time starved or simply just want to buy ready to cook chicken patties sold at stores, there are numerous options. The one that stood out and more popular is the Tyson chicken patties and you can just air fry them as well. You may also opt for the Tyson spicy chicken patties and air fry the same.
Chicken Burgers in Air Fryer
Since we have already the chicken patties, why not make it into chicken burgers? Yes, that is what we usually do. Although we also pair it with salad sometimes for variation, if we make plenty of these patties.
Just follow the instructions in creating the chicken patty and once they are cooked, top them right away with a slice of cheese.
You may toast the buns if preferred.
Spread the hamburger buns with mayo. You can then go on to assemble your chicken burgers by putting the chicken patties into the buns and add your preferred toppings.
Some Topping Ideas
How long do you air fry a chicken patty?
It takes 8 minutes at minimum to cook chicken patties in the air fryer without preheating. If you preheat your air fryer, you may only need 5 minutes to cook it.
However, if your patties are bigger and thicker, then you may need more cooking time for it. So it is best to check your patties every now and then while cooking.
What temperature do you air fry chicken patties?
You can cook your chicken patties at 390F.
Can I add breading to my chicken patties?
If you you want breaded chicken patties in air fryer, go ahead. You may do so. Just place the patties to a bowl with breading of your choice. There are readily available seasoned breading that you can buy in supermarkets.
How do you cook Tyson frozen chicken patties in an air fryer?
Place the frozen chicken patties in the air fryer basket and cook for 10 minutes at 360F without preheating. Remember that these chicken patties are already pre-cooked so they do not need so much time cooking. However, different air fryers differ in temperature so check your patties as you cook them.
How long to cook chicken burger in air fryer?
You can start cooking your chicken burger in air fryer for 8 minutes. You may extend cooking time from there if needed. Remember that air fried chicken burgers differ in cooking time depending on the thickness of your burger.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You May Try
- Barbecue Pork Chops in Air fryer
- Air fryer Tilapia
- Pork Belly Bites in air fryer
- Air fryer BBQ Pork Chops
Air Fryer Chicken Patties
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Pot
- 2 cups Shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup Breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
- 1 piece Egg
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Scallions finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Oregano fresh, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Onion powder
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Cooking Oil Spray
- Boil the chicken until cooked. Remove from the pot, drain the water and let it cool.
- Slice the chicken meat using knife and shred using fork.
- Combine all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Form a patty by scooping the mixture with a consistent size and thickness. Flatten it by pressing the patty using the back of a spoon.
- Place a wax paper on the air fryer basket, spray with oil and place the patties seeing to it that they have space with each other.
- Cook the patties in the air fryer at 390F for 8 minutes or more until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy.