Pork Stir Fry with Green Beans and Cabbage is a delicious recipe that is a mix of meat and veggies. It is best for lunch or dinner.
We have been often eating fish most of the time lately due to ASF scare. However, my loves kind of want other dishes than fish for a variety. They are like feed up with fish already.
So I think of other meaty meals that I can serve on the table. However, I don’t want it pure meat. I want a mixture of veggies and meat so this recipe came to mind.
We have tried already this recipe when my sister visited us in our house and she brought ingredients for this recipe and cooked it for us. It was a click! So now, I am recreating it, my version.
Pork Stir Fry with Green Beans and Cabbage Ingredients
This recipe has few and simple ingredients. They are very easy to source out.
We need pork, green beans and cabbage which are our main stars for this dish. Then we need onions and garlic and cooking oil for sauteing and soy sauce for flavor.
If your pork has a mix of fats, you do not need anymore oil. You only need to put the pork in a non-stick pan and let the oil of the pork come out. Use that oil in sauteing the onions and garlic.
How to Make Ahead this Dish
If you are concerned with time and you want to make ahead this dish, the best thing to do is just brown the pork and have its oil come out. Cooking the pork is the most time-consuming part in cooking this dish. If its lean meat, just add a little oil to de-grease the pan.
You can set aside the cooked meat and put it in the fridge for 3-5 days.
Prepare the green beans by cutting it into 2 inches and slice the cabbage into long strips. Put it in a sealed container and place in the fridge.
If you are rushing and need to cook a meal, just get a portion of your browned pork meat, saute the onions and garlic and add in some of your prepared green beans and cabbage. Flavor it with a bit of soy sauce or salt and pepper. It will just take you about 3-5 minutes doing this.
How to Cook Pork Stir Fry with Green Beans and Cabbage
Pork Stir Fry with Green Beans and Cabbage
- Frying Pan
- 150 grams Pork sliced in bite size
- 1 cup Cabbage sliced in strips
- 1 cup Green Beans Cut in 2 inches length, or as desired
- 1 medium Onion sliced
- 4 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Cooking oil (optional) if pork is lean meat, use cooking oil
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- Place the pork in a frying pan in a medium heat. Let its own oil come out, mixing every now and then and cook meat until golden brown. If your meat is lean, put cooking oil.
- Once the meat is golden brown, set it in the other side of the pan. In the same pan, saute onion and garlic.
- Put in the green beans and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add in the cabbage and cook for 1 minute.
- Add in soy sauce.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and serve. Enjoy!
- I personally like my veggies still crispy so I don't overcook it. It you want your veggies well-cooked, you may extend the minutes of your cooking.
- You may add ginisa mix, msg or other seasonings if desired.
- You can also add some garlic powder or onion powder if preferred.