Sweet Chilli Chicken Wings with Sesame Seeds is a delicious recipe that my family loves. Sweet Chilli sauce sprinkled over fried chicken wings is just perfect.
I was doing my weekly meal plan and this recipe is one of the meals that is part of it. I personally love chicken wings because I find them tastier when sprinkled with sauce and other flavorful marinade due to its small pieces.
Mr. Hubbs loves chicken however it is cooked. But I am more particular with my little Candy because she does not like food that have sauce in it.
I was a bit surprised when she said she loved it bacause I let Mr. Hubbs sent her some for her lunch at school. Some of her classmates even asked her to give them some as well. Its amazing!
This recipe has simple and easy to source ingredients. You will need your chicken wings and cooking oil.
For the sauce, you will need butter, sweet blend ketchup. I am using the Del Monte brand. You also need hot sauce for some heat , water, salt, black pepper and white sugar.
Can You Make Ahead this Recipe
Yes. You can make a big batch of this recipe but separate the sauce. You can store it in the freezer up to 3-5 days.
Just reheat it once you want it for your meal, including the sauce. It is best to separate portions in one container that is good for one meal so you would not risk contaminating the rest of the leftovers.
How To Cook Sweet Chilli Chicken Wings?
Cooking this recipe is just very easy. You only need to fry your chicken. If you prefer using airfryer, you may also do it.
It is the sauce of this chicken that makes it yummy and flavorful. Check out the recipe card below for details how to do it.
Sweet Chilli Chicken Wings with Sesame Seeds
- Frying Pan, Sauce Pan
- 500 grams Chicken Wings Cut in joints
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 cup Sweet Blend Ketchup
- 1/2 tbsp Hot sauce
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp White sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Toasted Sesame Seeds
- Place chicken in a mixing bowl and add in garlic powder, onion powder, salt and ground paper. Let it sit for 30 minutes. Fry it in a cooking oil in a medium heat and set aside.
- In a low heat, melt 3/4 tbsp butter in the sauce pan. Then add sweet blend ketchup, let it boil and simmer for 1 minute or when the sauce thickens.
- Add the hot sauce and water then season it with salt, pepper and sugar. Add in the remaining butter. Sprinkle it and coat the sauce to your friend chicken. Sprinkle sesame seeds and enjoy!
Other Chicken Wings Recipe: Parmesan Chicken Wings
Be part of our VIP List
Eat easy and yummy foods plus get access to our freebie library.