Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats is a go-to recipe when you want to have a filling, delicious and nutritious breakfast. It is very easy and quick to prepare making it a favorite especially for people who are on the go.
Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day. Well, this is for the simple reason that after a whole night sleep, we need a filling and nutritious breakfast to start off the day right.
In an article from BBC News, breakfast is important for us to break from overnight fast. Skipping breakfast has been linked to obesity and it is associated with increased risk of heart disease, and higher risk of type 2 diabetes for both men and women.
Why I love this recipe
I love oats for the very reason that it is high in fiber and antioxidants. It is also very filling and satisfying that it allows me to go through the day’s task without getting hungry until lunch. Oats is also vegan-friendly and wholesome.
Eating oats is also a break from the usual fried and oily foods that we usually eat during breakfast. It is just refreshing!
Here are the simple and easy to source ingredients for peanut butter banana overnight oats
- rolled oats
- peanut butter
- unsweetened soy milk ( you can use cow’s milk, almond milk or whatever you have at hand)
- choco sprinkles (optional)
For this recipe, I added choco sprinkles as toppings since it is available in my pantry.
Sharing to you my delicious and nutritious recipe. Enjoy and happy eating!
Peanut Butter Banana Overnight Oats
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 medium size banana mash 1 banana and slice the other one for toppings
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Put the oats to a container of your choice and pour in the milk. Mix the honey and cinnamon and put it in the container as well. Alternate layers between the mashed banana and peanut butter and drizzle some honey.
- Put it in the fridge and enjoy it in the morning.
- Top it with sliced bananas and choco sprinkles (optional) when you eat it in the morning.