This Milo Dinosaur is a refreshing drink and one of the the best antidotes to the sweltering heat in our beloved tropical Philippines. It is sweet, chocolatey and yummy.
We grow up with Milo drink and my mom would always make it with hot water in the morning together with our breakfast because we were not allowed to drink coffee back then.
My friend introduced me to this iced milo drink when she invited me to their home and offered this drink as a snack together with an air fried sweet potato fries.
What is Milo Dinosaur and Where it Originated
It is an iced chocolate malt beverage topped with more milo powder added with garnish of your choice like chocolate sprinkles, milo cereal balls or milo energy cubes.
This delicious drink is said to have originated in Singapore by the Indian-Muslim eateries. This is a popular drink in Singapore and its neighbor nation Malaysia.
Milo was invented by a Nestle scientist Thomas Mayne in Australia. It is made of milk, malt and chocolate and is now sold in several countries.
Ingredients for Milo Dinosaur Recipe
This delicious drink needs only a few core ingredients. However, you can be creative and can enhance its flavor and enticing look by adding your favorite garnishes.
For the Milo Donosaur
- Milo powder , divided – this is the main star of this drink as the name suggest.
- Ice cubes – small ice cubes of any size is perfect for this drink.
- Milk – to make it creamy.
- Sugar – we use this as a sweetener. You can substitute this with syrup.
- Hot water – to dissolve the milo, milk and sugar.
- Cold water – because this drink is intended to be cold.
- Melted chocolate
- Milo Cereal Balls
- Chocolate sprinkles
- Chocolate slices
Making iced milo dinosaur is just easy and fast.
Put milo powder, milk and sugar in a glass then pour a hot water and mix well to dissolve and then add cold water.
Put melted chocolate on the side of the glass using a spoon. This is totally optional. You can skip this part.
Soak the rim of the glass to water then to the milo powder.
It is now time to put ice cubes on the glass then pour the mixture. Add more milo powder and top with your favorite garnish. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Why this recipe Works
- Simple and easy to source ingredients
- Will surely quench your thirst under a scorching hot weather
- It is fast and easy to whip up
- A sure click to kids and adults
Other Delicious and Refreshing Drinks you can Try
Milo Dinosaur: Refreshing and Delicious
- 1 Mixing glass
- 2 Glasses
- 2 cups Milo powder
- 1 cup Ice cubes
- 5 tablespoons Milk
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1/4 cup Hot Water
- 2 cups Cold Water
- 1/2 cup Milo Cereal Balls
- 2 tablespoons Melted choocolate
- 1 tablespoon Chocolate sprinkles
- 4 pcs Chocolate slices
- Put milo powder, milk and sugar in a mixing glass and mix well. Pour hot water to dissolve well then add cold water and set aside.
- Put melted chocolate on the sides of two glasses. Put ice cubes and pour the mixture.
- Add more milo powder on top.
- Garnish with milo cereal balls, chocolate sprinkles and chocolate slices.
- Serve immediately and enjoy.
Be part of our VIP List
Eat easy and yummy foods plus get access to our freebie library.