Crispy Pork Belly in Turbo Broiler. This is my girl’s all time favorite. The crispy pork skin and the juicy meat is just so tempting.
We have been eating fish and veggies lately because that is my personal favorite and preference. However, Mr. Hubbs and my little Candy requested me to cook this crispy pork belly in the turbo broiler. They miss and are craving this recipe so much.
So the next time Mr. Hubbs was scheduled for a grocery run, I included pork belly slab in the grocery list. They both were very happy when I finally cooked this.
How to Cook Crispy Pork Belly in a Turbo Broiler
Cooking this recipe is one of the simplest. But this is one of the yummiest as well.
First you just have to boil the pork belly slab. Once boiled, scrape the scum from the pork and pat it dry. Prick the pork skin using fork. Rub some salt all over the pork belly.
Rub some baking soda on the pork skin to make it crispy. This is actually optional if you have no baking soda. I have tried it before and it still works. However, the one I rubbed with baking soda is much crispier compared to the one I did not.
Then get ready with your turbo broiler. Place the pork belly on the turbo broiler rack with the pork skin on top. Cook it in 375F for 25-35 minutes or until cooked.
Crispy Pork Belly in Turbo Broiler (Lechon Kawali)
- Cooking Pot
- Turbo Broiler
- 1 kilo Pork Belly
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda optional
- Boil pork belly in water for 20-25 minutes.
- Scrape white layers in pork skin and remove scum on the meat.
- Prick the pork skin with fork.
- Rub salt all over the pork belly until salt liquifies.
- Spread baking soda evenly and thinly on the pork skin.
- Place the meat on top of the Turbo rack.
- Cook for 25-40 minutes or until cooked.
- Chop and place in a serving plate.
- Serve with gravy or any dipping sauce of your choice.