My family love stir-fried water spinach so I made this simple and easy recipe a part of my menu this week. I bought 2 bundles of water spinach in my local market the other day when I did my marketing. There is a generous amount in one bundle of my water spinach so I just use one bundle which is enough already for the four of us. I love seeing my little ones enjoy eating when they like what is being served on the table. So here is my ginisang kangkong or stir-fried water spinach with ground pork recipe.
Ingredients for Ginisang Kangkong (Stir-Fried Water Spinach with Ground Pork)
Ginisang Kangkong or Adobong kangkong as others call it consists of just few and easy to find ingredients. Of course the main ingredient is the Kangkong leaves. For this recipe, I used ground pork. But you can substitute it with fried fish which I do sometimes if I have leftovers. You dont need to use anymore cooking oil if your pork is mixed with a bit of fats because it will generate its own oil and you can use it to sautee the garlic, onions and tomatoes.
Sharing to you my simple, easy but yummy ginisang kangkong or Stir-Fried Water Spinach with Ground Pork.
Enjoy and happy eating!
Ginisang Kangkong (Stir-Fried Water Spinach with Ground Pork)
- 1 bundle Water spinach leaves
- 3 tsbp Ground pork mix of lean and fats
- 1 medium size Onions
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 tsbp Soy sauce
- pinch Black pepper powder
- pinch Salt
- 2 medium size Tomatoes
- 1 cup Water
- Put wok in a medium heat then put the ground pork. The pork will generate oil.
- Once pork turns brown and oil has gotten out, put in the garlic, onions followed by the tomatoes. Sautee until tender and brownish.
- Add the Kangkong leaves.
- Stir and put 1 cup of water
- Season with a pinch of salt, pepper.
- Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve while warm. Best complimented with rice.
Related Recipe: Ginisang Kangkong with Sardines
Be part of our VIP List
Eat easy and yummy foods plus get access to our freebie library.