Vegetable Spring Rolls (Vegetable Lumpia). This vegetable spring rolls is refreshingly good.
It consist of only few ingredients like carrots, chayote, cabbage, green beans, scallions and added with salt and pepper to taste. You can indulge and feast on it, minus the guilt because it is vegan.
Spring rolls are always a comfort food for Asians.
Our family is no exemption.
We always love lumpia shanghai, fresh lumpia, chicken lumpia, lumpia ubod, mung bean sprout spring rolls and of course, this vegetable spring rolls.
Oh, we even love lumpiang hubad (sauteed vegetable spring roll ingredients but not wrapped in spring roll sheets).
Vegetable Lumpia Ingredients
You need the following food items to cook this recipe:
- Green beans
- Bell Pepper
- Spring Onions
- Spring roll sheets/wrapper
- Cooking Oil – for sauteing and frying
- Ground Pepper
- Mrs. Dash salt-free seasoning
How to Make Vegetable Spring Rolls
This is one of the easiest recipes to make.
Start with the vegetables. Clean, peel and sliced all the vegetables.
Saute onions and garlic in cooking oil over medium heat. Add in the chayote, carrots, green beans, cabbage, bell peppers and spring onions. Add in salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
Transfer to a plate with paper towel once vegetables are cooked.
Wrap the cooked vegetables with spring roll sheets (lumpia wrapper). You can also use eggroll wrapper as substitute.
Once you are done wrapping, you can now fry the spring rolls until golden brown. Place it in a plate with paper towel to drain excess oil.
Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
Tips when Cooking Vegetable Lumpia
- You need to drain the oil and water that the vegetables accumulate while cooking so that you will not break the spring roll sheets when you wrap it.
- Do not overcook the vegetables for it will turn soggy. And besides, you still have to fry it anyway.
What Dip to Use with this Spring Rolls
There a number of options you have when choosing a dip with your spring rolls. Some of which are the following:
- Sweet chilli sauce
- Sukang Sinamak – vinegar mixed with spices such as onions, garlic, ginger and chilli that makes it spicy.
As you can see in the picture, I serve my spring rolls with a store-bought sweet chilli sauce and sukang sinamak. They are perfectly good.
Vegetable Spring Rolls Recipe Card
Vegetable Spring Rolls (Vegetable Lumpia)
- Frying Pan
- 1 big Chayote chopped
- 1 big Carrot chopped
- 1 cup Cabbage chopped
- 5 pcs Green beans chopped
- 2 pcs Spring onions chopped
- 1 pc Bell Pepper chopped in small pieces
- 50 pcs Spring Roll sheers or wrapper
- 2 cups Cooking oil
- pinch Salt
- pinch Ground Pepper
- pinch Mrs. Dash salt-free seasoning this is optional
- 5 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 pc Onion minced
- Clean and sliced all the vegetables.
- Using a wok or frying pan, saute onions and garlic in cooking oil over medium heat.
- Add in the chayote, carrots, green beans, cabbage, bell peppers and spring onions. Add in salt and pepper. Cook for 1 minute.
- Transfer to a plate with paper towel once vegetables are cooked.
- Wrap the cooked vegetables with spring roll sheets (lumpia wrapper).
- Use slurry (mixture of 1 tsp of corn flour with 1-2 tbsp water) to seal the spring roll wrapper.
- Once you are done wrapping, you can now fry the spring rolls until golden brown. Place it in a plate with paper towel to drain excess oil.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve. Dip it in your preferred dipping sauce. Enjoy!