This Jackfruit Jam Recipe is very easy to make and it is a sure click to your family. It is also more affordable when you consider costing compared to the ones that are sold in the supermarkets.
I have always loved eating jackfruit when it is ripe. Young jackfruit can also be used when cooking pork.
This fruit brings me back again down memory lane when I was young. There are jack fruit trees in our farm and we would feast on it.
My parents would know when they are ready because of its smell. A simple sniff and pressing on its body would tell you when it is ready for harvest. Ah, the joys of farm life!
Use as Spread, filling or toppings
Jackfruit jam is versatile. My family usually use it as a spread on the bread, donut fillings, and may also be used as toppings like in halo-halo.
I make this home-made jackfruit preserve to add variation to the ones we use at home. Our staples usually are the peanut butter, choco spreads like Goya or Nutella.
Sometimes, I buy fruit preserves in the supermarket like guava jam, pineapple jam, mango jam but they are cost restrictive so I seldom buy them. This recipe is a welcome variation to the ones we often use at home and MR. MFB and the rest of the gang love it. Yay!
Jackfruit Jam Recipe Ingredients
Jackfruit Jam has very easy and few ingredients. Ripe jackfruit is the main ingredient then sugar, lime and a pinch of salt.
Jackfruit Jam Recipe
- Cooking Pot
- 500 grams Ripe Jackfruit
- 1/2 kl White Sugar Red sugar can be used as well
- 2 pcs Lime
- pinch Salt
- Prepare the ripe jackfruit. Remove its seed and slice it into pieces. Wash it with tap water.
- Separate 5-10 pieces of the jackfruit and slice it into very small pieces and set aside.
- Place the rest of the jackfruit into the blender and blend it until you get like a smoothie consistency.
- Place the jackfruit into the pot together with the one you separated.
- Add the sugar, the lime juice and a pinch of salt.
- Bring it to a boil stirring every now and then in a low to medium heat.
- When it becomes sticky and its consistency is like a honey, you can remove it from the heat and let it cool.
- You can now use it as a spread and place in a sanitized glass container the rest of the jackfruit jam and put it in the fridge. Enjoy!