HOMEMADE SPANISH SARDINES IN OIL
Homemade Spanish Sardines is a delicious dish made from fresh sardines fish. It is cooked with water, olive oil together with some veggies and spices.
Servings: 4 people
- 1 pound Sardines Fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon Rock Salt
- ¼ cup Olives Green of Black
- 1 cup Olive oil
- 5 pices Red Chilli
- 5 cloves Garlic crushed
- 1 tablespoon Whole Peppercorn
- ¼ cup Bay Leaves
- 4 or more cups Water
Cut the head and tail and remove the gut of the sardines.
Pile and arrange evenly the sardines at the bottom of the cooking pot. Then spread evenly the carrots, peppercorns, chilli, bay leaves, olives and garlic. Sprinkle with salt. Pour water and olive oil and do not mix or stir.
See to it that the sardines are submerged in water, so add some as needed. Bring it to a boil over low-medium heat for about 45 minutes or longer until fish is fully cooked and the sauce is reduced until only the oil is left.
Transfer to a serving dish and enjoy!
- You may use sterilized glass jar to store your Spanish sardines to enjoy for a later date and put it in the fridge.
- Other fishes may be a substitute in making this dish. You may use mackerel and milkfish.