Tinolang Isda (Fish Ginger Soup)
Tinolang Isda (Fish Ginger Soup) is a simple and easy to cook recipe wherein fish is mixed with tomatoes, ginger and other spices added with green leafy vegetable.
Servings: 4 people
- 2 lbs Matambaka or big-eye scad fish sliced in desired size
- 2 medium size Tomatoes ripe and sliced in wedges
- 1 medium size Ginger peeled and sliced
- 2 small size Onions peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks Scallions cut in 2 inches
- 1 cup Malunggay leaves cleaned and stalks removed
- 3 pcs Chili pepper
- 4 cups Water
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 1 stalk Lemongrass
Put 4 cups of water in a soup pot. Let it boil.
Add the tomatoes, ginger, onions. Cover and let it cook for around 3 minutes.
Add the fish followed by the malunggay leaves and lemongrass. Soak the leaves in the water. Let it reboil in a slow to medium heat.
Add the scallions, chili pepper and salt to taste. Mix and stir and boil for 2 minutes
Transfer to a serving soup bowl and serve it while warm. It is best complimented with rice.
Enjoy and happy eating!
Do not overcook the malunggay leaves for it will turn a bit bitter. Do not also overcook the fish for the bones will scatter and mix into your soup. You may add seasonings like broth cubes or msg for added flavor if you want. I did not add these to my recipe because the flavor is enough for me.