GINISANG UPO WITH PORK (SAUTÉED BOTTLE GOURD WITH PORK)
Ginisang Upo with pork is a simple yet delicious and filling dish you can serve with your family.
Servings: 3 people
- 1 cup Pork belly cut into thin strips
- 2 cups Upo (bottle gourd) sliced
- 1 tablespoon Soy sauce
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 medium sized onion minced
- 1 teaspoon Fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon Cooking oil
- 1/2 cup Water or more
- Salt as needed
Put oil in the pan and add in the pork. Saute the pork until brown/ish under medium heat.
Move the pork on the other side of the pan and on the other side, saute onion and garlic until translucent and aromatic.
Add fish sauce, ground black pepper, soy sauce and water. Mix well. Simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Add the sliced upo or bottle gourd and simmer for 2-3 minutes or until upo is well-cooked.
Adjust taste to your liking. Add salt as needed. Transfer to a serving plate and serve.
- Do not overcook the bottle gourd for it will turn soggy. It should remain a bit crispy.
- Fish sauce and soy sauce is already salty. So easy on the salt. Add only when needed.