Kani Salad With Sweet Corn and Mango
Kani Salad with Sweet Corn and Mango is a light, delicious salad that is made from crab sticks or imitation crab, cucumber, carrots, sweet corn kernels and ripe mango.
Servings: 5 people
- 1.5 cup Imitation Crab or Crab sticks shred into strips
- 1 medium Carrot julienned
- 1 medium Cucumber julienned, core removed
- 1 cup Sweet Corn Kernel well-drained
- 1 medium Ripe Mango julienned
- 1/2 cup Japanese Mayonnaise
- 1/2 slice Lemon
- Ground Pepper
Prepare all the ingredients. Press the crab sticks and shred it into strips and set aside.
Peel the cucumber and slice the green outer part of it, cutting into julienne. Discard the core with the seeds.
Peel the carrots and cut into pieces about 2-3 inches long. Slice it into julienne. Do the same with the mango.
Drain 1 cup of sweet corn kernels in a can and set aside.
Once all ingredients are ready, place them in a mixing bowl and add the Japanese mayonnaise. Add salt and pepper as needed. Toss to combine. Transfer to a plate with a bed of lettuce and sprinkle lime juice before serving. Serve immediately.
- If you are preparing it for later, you may refrigerate the kani ingredients and do not mixed it yet with the mayonnaise. Add the Japanese mayonnaise and toss to mix just right before your serve it.
- You can omit the salt and ground pepper if the flavors is good enough for you.